24 January 2008

Romulan Bird-of-Prey Paper Model - eBay



Due to our recent post on the paper model scams on eBay, my email got bombarded with requests for me to point out the sellers that are doing the scams. I want to clarify that the post was just for awareness and not to start a crusade on outing each and everyone of the scammers. Another request was for me to post legit auction items relating to paper model books and kits. I thought about it and I think it's a good idea although I've got a few notes to make.

  • I'm only going to post items that I'm familiar with or items that I already have in my collection.
  • I can't be 100% sure if a particular auction listing is legit, I can only tell a scam if it's pretty obvious . You would still have to do the detective work like checking out seller feedback or contacting the seller for any questions that you have.
  • I won't be able to search through eBay's listings all the time because of my regular work, so if you see any listing that looks good and you have doubts about it, email it to me and I'll check it out.
So with that in mind, here's our first eBay listing: This one is for the Trekkies, scifi junkies, and papercraft collectors out there, it's a Star Trek paper model featuring the Romulan Bird-of-Prey spacecraft. I have this in my collection, this one usually comes with another kit featuring the Starship Enterprise paper model but I guess this one doesn't have it. It's an old school type design, that means no cutting involved, the book is pre-scored so you'll just have to pop out the pattern and add glue to assemble it. The type of paper used is stiff and glossy, perfect for that display finish look. The book was published in 1997. Good luck and happy bidding!

Star Trek Romulan Bird of Prey [eBay]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Paperkraft.net are moderated, please keep it on-topic and avoid using any profanity. For questions and requests, use the Contact page to email me directly.